
Last night Jeremy and I went to the fair to catch the Demolition Derby. Since we were kind of late, our friend Joey saved us some seats in the Grand Stand. Upon arriving, we got something to eat before we headed in there. Jeremy had a Polish Sausage sandwich with garlic fries and I got a taco. When we were all done eating, we walked towards the grand stand and realized they had shut the gate due to too many people in the stands. We'd never been this late before and the races had been going for over an hour, but I guess the Fire Marshall was threatening to "shut the whole thing down". At least that's what the security guards said. I would hate their job.
We walked up to the gate to see if we could even get in and Joey even came down to tell the guards that we had seats in there, but it didn't work. We even tried to go around to the pits to get in, but no go there, either. It was a little freaky at the gate because there were some angry people who really wanted to get in, but the guards kept saying no. At one point one guard came out and started yelling at everyone to move back from the gate. It's amazing how well people listen! (Not!) At one point I was right next to the fence and envisioning myself being squashed up against the fence! Fortunately that didn't happen and they opened up the gate in the end. We got in in time to watch the last two races and then for the finale of the Demolition Derby. Why is it that we love death and destruction? There's just something so funny about seeing cars get smashed up. A friend of ours had a friend driving in it and he actually won, so we got to go down on the track and see the car and him with his trophy.
That's not all....at about 2:30 AM, Jeremy and I both woke up to food poisoning! I finally convinced him to get out of bed and throw up and as soon as he got to the toilet, out it came! And boy did he feel better. Mine was coming out the other end...really fun! I'd never had that before. We decided it was either the garlic fries since I had some of those or the funnel cake that we got after the derby!
So that was our date to remember! At least we could laugh about it even in the middle of the night!
7 comments:
I think you got the better end of the deal. I hate throwing up. Nice picture of a toilet.
See you Saturday.
Lovely story...
That sucks. but it is a funny story. are you feeling better now?
It had to be the Murphys but you guys still did not call shame on you I guess you will have to come up again with just your fam.
What is it with you guys and the poop stories??? :)
Hope you are all better. Have a great trip in Carpenteria!
Hi Ditte,
You don't know me yet but I am in your ward now. I found your blog through a couple of others from our ward. I have been waiting to meet you but I think you have been on vacation the entire time we have been in the ward. :0)
I just had to tell you that I loved your story and that I feel so much better now for not getting the funnel cake at the fair that I was craving so much.
Can't wait to meet you!
Hi Ditty (hee hee)
It's Angie Kent, enjoying your blog from Zion (cough, choke, hack). Your baby quilt is darling! Sorry about the food poisoning... yucky. You've done enough ralphing being pregnant!
Have a happy baptism, & hope everything comes out OK... not like the funnel cake.
xoxo Ang
Post a Comment