Jeremy and I were able to go away this weekend and it was so great! We dropped the girls off at school where they would be picked up by Aunt Kirsten, then the boys went to my parents house. Then Jeremy's parents took them for the Saturday and Sunday. It was so nice to have them do that for us. Thank you everyone for your help!
We drove up to Oceano first where we went horseback riding out on the dunes. It was your typical walking the horse, not running ride, but we saw some beautiful scenes. It was just fun to do something different together as well. Jeremy and I like to try new things. After that, we went to our "resort" and checked in. It was nestled into the hillsides of Avila, among tons of Sycamore and scrub oak trees. It was pretty tranquil. Each room came with it's own hot tub that we filled up each time with stinky sulphur water, but it was very relaxing and warm. Especially since it was pretty cool up there. Saturday we took a Pilates class in the morning. I was so proud of Jeremy for doing it with me. :) We hiked up to the top of the hill which was about 1 1/2 miles up a pretty steep hill that overlooked the Avila Bay. It was really pretty. It was just so nice to not really have a schedule and to be able to read and just enjoy each other. We also got a massage later that day which was heavenly!
Sunday we went home and stopped by to see a good friend on our way. Monday we went to Disneyland with Jeremy's brother and his girlfriend. We went on all the rides we couldn't go on with little kids and it was fun to act like a big dork! We also got to eat at the Blue Bayou in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I would say eat there once for the experience. It was pretty good food and since we were right next to the water, I thought it'd be really mischievous to throw rolls at the passing boats, but we didn't!
I love Jeremy so much! He really is my best friend and so good to me. I'm so grateful to celebrate 11 years with him and look forward to many more.
4 comments:
We ate at the Pirates ride when we went to Disneyland last December. When we got to the park, the first thing we did was go to the Blue Bayou but they were already full. We met up with Tom's brother later that day who is actually a waiter at the Blue Bayou. He got us in. It was so good. He also got us to the front of the line to all the rides we wanted to go on!! Oh...good times.
Happy "belated" anniversary by the way!
Whoa! 11 years. That is great. Congratulations!
I am so glad you could have a little get away together! Those are treasured times!
Scotty and Wyatt were a pleasure.
Your pictures are beautiful.
Love you both,
mom/gramma
Post a Comment