No, I'm not pregnant, but we did buy a trailer! Jeremy and I have been camping in the desert for almost 12 years now, about twice a year. We decided after our tent was blown over by such strong winds a couple of easters ago, we needed to do something to make it more enjoyable for everyone, but probably more for me! The kids never seem to mind the wind or the freezing cold, but both Jeremy and I don't sleep well, I worry about the kids freezing, and other things. So since we probably won't be giving up dirt biking any time soon, we thought we better just save and buy a trailer. So that's what we did about two weeks ago.
We've been looking on Craigslist for a couple of months, been to an RV show, and been inside other people's trailers trying to figure out what we wanted. We decided we really liked the Fleetwood Gearbox. These things are made for desert camping! They are really nice, and very roomy for a small trailer. We needed a small one since it would be towed by our van that can only haul about 7,500 lbs. Low and behold, one day we were looking on Craigslist and found one we wanted, close to our price range. After we went to the temple that same night, we went to look at it.
It was exactly what we wanted, but we did not want to be emotional about it at all. We've done that before! We thought and prayed about it for a few days and decided that we needed to act before it was gone. We called up the guy and told him we wanted it. We took the kids down a few days later and picked it up! Of course the kids were ready to sleep in it that night. Jeremy told them he'd take them camping in a couple of weeks.
This last weekend, I drove up to Carpenteria and got them a spot. It was all selfish really. Jeremy said he'd take them camping and give me a night and day off. What a treat! I scrap booked, watched a movie, did some deep cleaning, ran, got a pedicure AND manicure without feeling guilty! It was great! Thank you honey for the nice treat!
In the meantime, the kids and Jeremy had a good time despite Wyatt throwing up and Jeremy getting woken up about three times by three different kids during the night (he didn't tell me about that until he came home because he didn't want me to worry). He's great and I'm so thankful for sweet kids and a sweet husband.
3 comments:
I'm so jealous you get to camp in a trailer!
That's my kind of camping!! Congrats!!
so happy for you guys! You will love it!
Post a Comment