Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Scotty's Broken Leg


I'm sure most of you saw this on facebook, but I thought I'd put it here on the blog: Scotty broke his leg, or rather, Wyatt broke Scotty's leg. Poor guy! He was at the bottom of a slide at the park, a little slide, mind you. Wyatt wanted to come down it, so he did and crashed right into Scotty! I don't know if it broke on impact or when he hit the ground. Wyatt is the new "Man of Steel" so it makes perfect sense that him crashing into to Scotty would break his leg! Wyatt did feel bad. He is really such a good older brother. I pretty much knew right away that it was broken. Scotty wouldn't stand on it and kept crying. I took him right away to the doctor, they sent us to the X-ray place, got x-rays and had to wait a couple of hours for the results. We got the x-rays and sure enough, there is a hair line crack on his right Tibia near his ankle. Fortunately it isn't anything serious, but we didn't get a cast on it until the next morning. We had to wait about 2 1/2 hours for the orthopedic to get out of surgery. He was very nice and reassuring. So now he has a cast on for another 2 weeks at least. It's starting to drive him a bit crazy. I'm sure it's itchy! He is very adaptable, however and crawling around and wearing his cast out! He's such a good boy and happy. Every time you ask about his injury, though, he'll lovingly stroke his cast and say "Bubba" that's what he calls Wyatt!

No comments: