Sorry we couldn't send this out to everyone, but we hope enjoy it!
Dear Friends and Family,
As I have been looking at pictures and reflecting on what has happened this year, I realized how blessed we are. Sure we have had and will continue to have our ups and downs, but thankfully we have the Savior in our lives to help us through those times.
Jeremy and I both started the year training for various events. Jeremy did his first 150-mile desert dirt bike race and LOVED it! I went out to California City where it was held and the kids and I were his pit crew. We put paper hearts on his gas cans and cheered him on as he came through the pits each lap.
My sister and I trained and did a ½ marathon in Agoura in March. It was a great experience and I’ll hopefully do it again this March. I enjoyed the training: getting up early on Saturdays to get in my “long runs” and then trading babysitting every other day with my sister so we could both train. Running has helped me in all different areas of life and I didn’t think I would ever enjoy it as much as I do, being a swimmer at heart.
Cozette (age10) was able to save up money and get sponsors from family to send her to Sacramento, CA for a fourth grade field trip. She got to fly on an airplane with her classmates and teachers and tour the capital for one day as they learned about government and the gold rush. I have to say I was a bit nervous, but thankfully a member of our ward went with the class and made me feel much better! Cozette is enjoying playing the piano and wanted to play the trumpet this year in band and is doing very well! She also loves to dance and create things.
Atalie (age 8) made a big decision this year to get baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We are so proud of her and have enjoyed teaching her in primary this year. Jeremy and I were able to team-teach her class. She is a very good student and is picking up Spanish like she has always known it. She is excelling in dance and can do the splits. She was the first girl in her class to make it onto the “splits” wall! She is very helpful to me as is Cozette and I tell them all the time “I couldn’t do it without you."
We just finished reading the first two Harry Potter books with the kids and that has been a growing experience for us to read with them and talk about good and bad and just enjoying the time together. We’d bring it in the car everywhere we went in case we had time to read. It’s been a lot of fun.
Wyatt turned five in October and we decided to let him go to one more year of preschool before starting kindergarten next year. He loves preschool. He now knows all his letters and their sounds and has really picked up writing over night. He loves anything musical and really enjoys anything physical as well. He can ride a two-wheeled bike with ease and also started riding his three-wheeled dirt bike by himself this last desert trip. He’s amazing to watch and we especially love to watch him “break dance”. He is such a good big brother to Scotty and is a sweet boy, for the most part!
Scotty, who is two and you know it, is a great little boy. He is picking up talking and tries new words everyday. Right before his birthday, we were at the park playing on the slide when Wyatt decided it was his turn to go down even though Scotty was at the bottom of it. He slid down right into Scotty’s leg and broke it! Wyatt is so strong and doesn’t know it and apparently he hit Scotty’s tibia (shin bone) just right that it caused a fracture. He had on a little blue cast for about 4 ½ weeks. Ironically, he got it off on Wyatt’s birthday. He adapted so easily and was even walking on it by the last week and a half that he had it on. He is a very happy and smiley guy and very entertaining to watch dance and run around.
We are truly blessed with wonderful children, even when we want to tear our hair out! We couldn’t be happier and are so grateful to have one another as well. We hope you all have a wonderful new year and a Merry Christmas. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, is the true meaning for this time of year and as we follow him, we will find true joy.
Love,
The Wagers
Jeremy, Ditte, Cozette, Atalie, Wyatt and Scotty
1 comment:
enjoyed your letter! we had so much fun visiting with you guys in August! Have a wonderful christmas...hopefully we'll see ya in CA soon!
Post a Comment