Another scripture that has stuck out to me is in Doctrine and Covenants 64:33-34, "Wherefore, be not weary in well doing, for you are laying the foundation for a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great. Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind..." The small things that I do are being prepared for something bigger! I am helping people when I am kind in a small way or when I don't keep track of how I was hurt by them. I love the scriptures! I love praying and knowing that Heavenly Father does hear my prayers and wants to help me overcome these natural tendencies! This post is more for my own journal, but I thought I might put it out there in case there was someone who needed this, too.
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Fast Sunday
Today is fast Sunday, meaning I chose to go without food for two meals and donate that money to help the poor. I also usually fast with a purpose: today was for me to have more benevolence, which turns out to be charity. After studying the Bible and Book of Mormon about this topic, I found a few scriptures. In 1 Corinthians is the famous scripture of charity in chapter 13:4-8. It says "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth..." I know I've read this scripture a million times, but this time as I was thinking about being benevolent and looking for the good in people, this has really struck me. I want to be like this. I don't want to think ill of people or be mean just because I feel bad about myself. I can be confident in myself when I act more charitable towards others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment