Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Some July happenings, not all....

We flew home from Hawaii on July 4th which was actually a great day to fly.  There was hardly any traffic to and from both airports.  Friends of ours knew we would be home just in time for their traditional Fourth of July BBQ, so they invited us over.  Jeremy wasn't feeling so great, so after the BBQ, the kids and I dropped him off and then went to watch the fireworks be shot off at the high school.  We went to Callegus Creek (by my Cross Fit gym) and sat there and watched them together.  They are such great kids.  On our way home, we were a bit awake due to being on Hawaii time, Cozette suggested we go get some donuts.  It just so happens that I had been wanting to take them to get fresh donuts sometime and this was the perfect "sometime"!


 Our favorite donut place in town is called Rolling Pin donuts.  They start making fresh donuts about 8PM and have the buttermilk ones ready by about 9PM.  Let me tell you, those fresh buttermilk donuts are amazing!! We did miss Jeremy, but we made some good memories together! And now that I have an iPhone (we got it right before Hawaii.  Before that I had a flip phone...) I can take pictures any time I want!
 These are some yummy red flame table grapes we grew in our very own small backyard! The fruit flies sure liked them too as I would go to pick some, get swarmed by fruit flies and find that they ate all the insides and left the skin of the grapes!
 This is all the peaches we came home to plus some limes, grapes and tomatoes in there! It's good for me to see this so I feel like my gardening skills aren't completely worthless!
 Fresh grilled peaches over homemade ice cream!

 We took the kids to our annual "fiesta" here in town and they all wanted to climb the rock wall.  This guys was really nice and let them climb multiple times.  Even Scotty almost made it to the top! He's only 4!
Wyatt and Atalie on their way down.  I think they were racing each other at some point!


No comments: