Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fish in the water

Since the winter Olympics happened and I saw an LDS mom on there get a silver in the Skeleton, I got bit by the olympic bug.  Not that I want to do the Skeleton or anything, I have to go with what I am good at: swimming! I haven't swam competitivley since high school, although I have swam lots since then and I have been in really good shape since running and cross fit.  
Last week I called the coach for the Masters swim team here in town and today I tried it out. Wow, was it awesome/hard and great all at once! There were high schoolers there swimming as well and I looked over at them and thought, I must have been that fast at one point! So, my goal at this point is to swim three times a week with the masters, cross fit the other three days and maybe throw a run in there so I can keep that mileage up/maintained. Here goes nothing! I am looking forward to this new challenge and see how far it takes me! Yes, I would love to get to the Olympics in Rio de Janiero, Brasil-2016, yes I would love to swim in the trials even, so here goes nothin'! I have to start somewhere!


No comments: