Friday, May 2, 2014

Sweet experience

Yesterday we went swimming since it has been unusually hot this week.  The pool felt so nice!! Thanks Aunt Gayle! When we got home, right in front of where we park the van, Scotty was walking into the house and saw this sweet little bird on the ground.  I'm amazed we didn't run it over.  The poor thing was still alive and struggling for breath, so we picked it up and moved it.  Wyatt and Scotty were so concerned with this sweet little hatchling. Wyatt was even trying to dig up worms to feed it.  We also went looking for a birds nest to see if it had fallen from somewhere.  I think it was wasn't even supposed to be hatched yet.  It had not feathers or anything. I think it was supposed to be some bigger birds dinner that got dropped.  I had to leave to get my hair cut and my sweet boys watched over it until he stopped breathing.  This morning, Wyatt and Scotty were looking at it and we decided to bury him next to our blueberry bushes.  Poor Wyatt, he just held me and cried.  After a few minutes of some cuddling, he was able to go off to school and hopefully will be okay.  When Scotty and I got home, he was the one that was crying! So I held him and told him how grateful I was to have such tender hearted sons.  





No comments: