Sunday, November 6, 2016

Washington, DC

8/13/16-Saturday

I'm mostly just going to put a bunch of pictures for this one. Again, another blazing hot day. I got cranky towards the afternoon (but what else is new...) we ate ice cream, and walked and walked even with our Big Red Bus tour.  We saw much cool stuff and wished we had at least three more days there to see even more. I would've loved to see the American History Museum, the National Portrait Gallery and Ford's Theatre, but we passed them on the bus. It's hard to do tons when it's really hot like that. But we still saw so much and we loved going through Arlington and seeing the White House.

Some of our kids had never ridden a Metro. Jeremy and Wyatt almost didn't make it! We were trying to make sure everyone was super hydrated since we got so hot the day before that Wyatt drank a ton and of course had to pee right before the train got there. They were running up the stairs and jumped onto the train as the conductor was closing the doors! Thank you nice conductor for waiting that extra second. 


Lots of friends and loved ones who have served in the Navy. 

Navy Memorial Museum (thank you for letting us use your bathroom!)


West lawn of the capital building. It was told that Reagan wanted to be inaugurated on this side so he could face his beloved California. 
Spaceship 1 at the Air and Space Museum. My brother worked on Spaceship 2.

I think this is the National Archives where the Constitution is kept.

Washington Monument

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

I'm bringing sweaty back....

Marine Corp monument

Atalie's good friend that she dances with had her grandpa buried here in Arlington. 

It took all my strength to smile in this one. I was almost at my breaking point. Thank goodness we found a little ice cream stand right after this. 
Wyatt and his hero. He was so happy to see this in person. It satisfied his to  see this and drive by Ford's theatre. We'll have to do Gettysburg another time. 
Gettysburg address

Cute boys!
Beautiful DC!
These are about all the pictures we could muster since we were so HOT!!! Did I mention that it was hot?

No comments: