Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Santa Barbara Trip

Jeremy and I decided that since we are having a baby for our anniversary, that we better get away for a couple of days before I get too huge and before the baby comes. We chose Santa Barbara which is always so nice. The weather could not have been more perfect! We found this great Bed and Breakfast with awesome service and very yummy food. It also had a double jacuzzi in the room!

We got up there on Friday night about 6 and rented Segways. When Jerm told me what we were doing, I was like, okay, what are Segways? I did know what they were, but had forgotten their name. His mom had the idea to do it and it was sooo fun! These machines are so cool and you can just relax on them, as much as you can while standing. The guys who took us on a tour took us all the way down to Butterfly Beach which happens to be in front of the Biltmore in Montecito. It was gorgeous! No butterflies this time of year, but the sun was starting to go down and it wasn't too cold.

After the Segways and a great missionary experience with Bill our guide, we went to the FisHouse which was soooo good! Jerm and I shared some Mahi Mahi with Mango salsa on top, and for dessert we had Bananas with pastry on top, drowned in a caramel cinnamon sauce and vanilla ice cream.

The next morning we got up to a delicious breakfast on the patio that started off with homemade granola, fresh cut up strawberries, than a Baked Egg dish finishing with Blueberry muffins. We were full until about 2PM. We strolled around the Mission and saw all these cool sidewalk chalk drawings. We're not talking kids drawing, but portraits and amazing works of art! Then we drove up to the Botanical gardens and did the mile walk around and saw some gorgeous red Woods. Poor Jerm was a little nervous for most of the walk because the trail was lined with poison oak and he is pretty allergic to the stuff.



After a nice nap and lunch at Anderson's on State Street, we got a one hour massage! Wow, was that heaven! These two ladies who worked on us were so good! Mine had been a midwife before and knew exactly what to work on to make my hips feel better. I definitely want to go back before I have this baby. We walked out of there with these huge smiles on our faces! If you've never gotten a professional massage, it is well worth the money!


Our dinner that night was descent, but I don't think Jerm and I would go back there. It was a little too pricey for the quality, but we still had a nice time.

It was just great to get away and relax. Thank you Mom and Dad and whomever else for watching and loving our kids.

9 comments:

Cristin said...

Those segways make me laugh! If you watch Arrested Development - the biggest dork on that show has one and he drives around on it everywhere.

Other than that - I would really like to try a segway. It looks like you had so much fun!

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

I'm glad you guys had good weather and a good time. Did you go to Quantum and hate it? Oh no, it's all our fault. :(

Debi Lassen said...

I'm so glad you could get away! It's important in marriages to do that.
We loved watching the kids and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Happy Early Anniversary!
mom lassen xoxoxoxox

Erin said...

That sounds like so much fun. I can't wait until Tom and I are able to do stuff like that again. Being in the same country helps.

ERIN

PS. I would have watched your darling babies if I was there! :) Wish me luck in getting through the storm we are gonna have tonight. Possible tornado for our area. :(

Sweets T said...

Hey Deetz! Looks like a great trip. We were thinking of doing the same thing sometime soon. Would you mind sending me the name and number of the B&B.... Santa Barbara would be so convenient, as my parents live only 30 min from there now.

Camille said...

How fun!!! Isn't it great to get away, just the two of you?! Happy early anniversary too!! Maybe the pictures were taken at a different angle, but you don't even look pregnant?!
Massages are awesome!! I was just telling Kevin that for our anniversary (which is coming up in July) I want to go get massages again, we have done it once, and it was amazing!!!!

Dana Adams said...

That is my kind of weekend. You guys both look great on those Segways.

I haven't chatted with you both for some time...let me say, congrats of the new addition to your family growing within. Emily and I will probably try for number 3 sometime next year.

Lastly, I concur regarding the massage. Simply blissful.

Candace said...

I didn't know that you rented segways. I am glad that you had a great early anniversary celebration.

Kim said...

Wow! What a great way to spend your anniversary! Oh man, and a professional massage?? I have ALWAYS wanted to get one of those...not that Danny doesn't give good massages but...anyway. So cool that you got to try out Segways, too. I have always wanted to try one of those. Someday we will be as cool as you guys! :o)