




I've been trying to get on here for the last few days, but alas, I have been a little tired. My Mom was nice enough to post on her blog about the birth of our new son, Scott Johannes Wager, 9lbs. 15oz, 22 inches long. Boy did I feel every inch of that baby inside me!
I'm not that great at writing details because they tend to get a little boring... but I'll try not to be too boring. I went into labor on Thursday afternoon. I was feeling some contractions in the late morning, but nothing I was really paying attention too, since I'd had those before. By about 3PM, after teaching piano lessons, I was starting to take notice of them. By the time Jerm got home around 5PM, I think I pretty much knew I needed to go to the hospital, but we were going to wait until about 8PM since my parents were at Pack meeting for Hans. So we got the kids all ready for bed and I was still busy doing stuff around the house. Jeremy didn't really know how serious they were because I was still moving around and stuff, but I was starting to get a little panicky. We got the kids settled at my parents and headed over to the hospital by about 9PM. They checked me and I was at 5cm. I thought I might labor until after midnight since I tend to have longer labors, but by 10:45PM, I knew I wasn't going to make it that far. The contractions kept coming and were pretty strong. BY about 11:10 I knew I needed to push and sure enough, after I pushed through one contraction, his head was delivered! My doctor let me keep pushing and out came his shoulders and body. At one point, I asked, is he out yet? It was like I forgot to keep pushing to get the rest of him out. The poor kid came out so fast that his little face was bruised for a couple of days. It's amazing how cute they get in just a few days as well.
Jeremy was great. I couldn't have done it without him. I love having him right by my side as we go through this ordeal together. He truly is my best friend and I am so grateful to have him home to take care of me for the next three weeks. It kind of feels weird to need to be taken care of, but I'm glad he's around to do it. He's so great with our kids and loves to be home, which I think is a real blessing.
Anyway, we are really happy to have our new beautiful son. Thank you Mom for being right by me and Else and Nance for rubbing my shoulders. Haans even rubbed my feet for me, as did Jerm. It was a little embarrassing how many people were in there, but once I closed my eyes and focused, I didn't notice at all.
The next day, the 26th, we had a surprise of our friends Stephan and Marnie being in the hospital, delivering their baby! We were hoping to go the same day, but our babies are only 15 hours apart! Pretty funny! They even had their room right next to ours! Their little girl is named Ginger Faye and is just a doll.
I guess that's it! On to rest and adjusting to a new little one! What a miracle life is!




18 comments:
Congratulations!! What a hefty little boy! So cute! Wow, no epidural! Have you ever had one? So happy for you!
Ditte,
What a compliment to name your baby after me! Thanks I’m so flattered! Now make sure you pronounce it properly, it is said Yo Ha-ness. So many honkies out there can’t pronounce the name right. Seriously, I mean I knew I meant a lot to you but this much…all I can say is WOW.
Go team Wager.
Erik the Original Johannes…
He is really cute - look at that DARK hair. Who's that baby's daddy?
Also, the both of you are not allowed to look that good after you have a baby. Not fair.
Cristin, I did put on a little more eyeliner before I went to the hospital, but when I look in the mirror now a days, boy do I look tired!
Erik, I love your picture! And yes, you mean a lot to me! Love you!
Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful! As are all your kids.
Congrats guys!! Little Scotty is quite a cutie! All the dark hair is so very cute!! Love all the pictures and the story. Congrats to Stephan and Marnie too. How funny!
Congratulations! WOW what a big boy. Cute too. That's great that Jeremy gets to stay home for so long to take care of you. Get some rest.
Wow, you ROCK, Ditte. Congratulations from us. Welcome to a sweet little boy.
Congratulations! He is a cutie. I'm sure Jeremey is excited to have another boy around the house. :)
Yay Pita! You are amazing, and he is looking so cute- WAY dark hair, how fun is that? That's so awesome Jerm gets so much time off and takes good care of you! I'm so happy for you all- love you tons! I hope it won't be too long before we get to meet the little bruiser!
I was so happy I could be there with you and have another choice experience of seeing one of my grandchildren come into the world! It is just amazing! Ditte and Jeremy, you are a great team! You make beautful babies together....keep up the great work:-}
Love you all!
gramma
CONGRATS TO YOUR FAMILY! He is a doll. You are the woman for doing it ALL NATURALLLL! I have big, healthy babies like you, but the whole natural thing is not really for me, I guess I can't really do that with a C-Section. Congrats, again, you look great, so funny to see you and your friend together, I was at the pack meeting that night and she was there with her cute little Penny, who new she was having a baby that night!
Congratulations! You look great. He's a cute one. Scotty is a good name (that's our second's name).
Your kids are all growing up so fast.
Dana and Emily Adams
This is Dana...Jeremy you crack me up. I loved your play by play post - very detailed and enjoyable to read. By the way, Emily manages her pregnancies really well also...we both got lucky. You rock Ditte. Happpy Anniversary to you both. Congrats on the little tyke.
Congrats you guys!!! I am so happy for you!!! Wow!!! That's a big baby!!! Glad everything went so well, and that he is hear and safe and healthy!!!
Congratulations! You're my hero! After going natural with my first two babies I wanted to try drugs the third time around. You're amazing to have pushed out all of your kids drug free--especially those hefty boys!! And that last picture of you? You don't look like you just gave birth! You look great! Again, congrats! :o)
Love the photo of you & Marnie!
xoxo debbie morris
Post a Comment