
I have been thinking about this for days now, that I need to write something on here before we head to the polls on Tuesday. I haven't been able to nap during the day because I can't turn my mind off about this. Proposition 8 is a big deal. Our family has been praying for it to pass. We have donated money for it to pass, we have also donated a lot of time and so have many, many others. I know a lot of people think that we are intolerant of others. I disagree. I know that we are all God's children. I hope those who know me, know me as an unhateful person. I don't hate anyone. I may not agree with what you are doing, but I don't hate anyone. I think everyone should be treated equally and I feel that we already are. I know people will disagree because we want marriage to be between a man and a woman only. That is how God meant it to be. And if this proposition doesn't pass, will it then make it okay for a man to marry his daughter or a man to marry two women? When will the line be drawn? I also don't think it is okay for my rights to be taken away as a parent. Right now I have the right to say what is taught in school. If this doesn't pass, that right will be taken away from me. We could go on and on about this, but I know that it is morally wrong for a man to marry a man and a woman to marry a woman. I love everyone, but please don't push your beliefs on me. I hope you will all pray about this decision and do what is right. What is right for our kids and future generations. Vote YES on Proposition 8!
P.S. If you don't know what this is a picture of, you better read the Book of Mormon, in Alma. Jonathan, I hope you don't mind me using this! :)
5 comments:
I hate you because you are a Hater!
(that argument makes all the sense in the world doesn't it)
Nicely done, Ditte....you did a good job writing your thoughts.
what will we all write about after the election is over:-} (our kids of course!)
Love, mom
Ditte, I really loved what you have written and I feel the same way! You hit the nail on the head, I wish more people could read your blog and really see what we are voting for and what we are trying to preserve!
WAY TO GO!!!
Well said Ditte. We can only pray that this Prop 8 passes!!
Hoorah for the passing of Prop 8. Thank you for all your efforts in this. I know it has not been easy, but so worth it. Love this picture too!!
Post a Comment