Friday, January 16, 2009

100 Days

My Mom started a private blog for our family to help us stay motivated to get in shape. It has been so fun to communicate with my siblings and parents on it and the competition is fierce! For each minute of exercise we get a point and whoever has the most points by the end of the 100 days gets a little pot of money that we have all bought in to. I'm a pretty motivated exerciser, but this gives me a goal and is fun at the same time. I am also trying to run at least once a week so I can do a 5K in May under 30 minutes. I know that's pretty slow, but that's my goal.
Anyway, I hope you guys with New Year's resolutions for better health and fitness will stick to it. It's so worth it. Just watch the Biggest Loser of you need even more motivation!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Good Luck! That's kind of like my FAT blog - it's fun competition. I just hit the 25lb. mark in weight loss - woohoo. Slowly but surely. We're coming down next month and want to see you guys. I'll give you a call.

Jewel said...

I'm hoping I'll at least be able to WALK the 5K in May. Maybe jog a little. So 30 minutes sounds fast to me! :)

Davis' said...

sounds awesome. I love that idea.

Topher said...

I'm obviously not in your family's competition, but I've already lost 7 lbs. Chomp on that! haha. (It's all water weight ^_^)

Dana Adams said...

Emily and I love the Biggest Loser. It is inspiring.

Your family work out competition is a fabulous idea. I may have to steal that idea and use it with my family.

Regarding your last post Ditte, we loved your Christmas card...what a good looking family. And, it is awesome to see you cutting down and Christmas tree in the blazing sun - no snow what so ever. We had to fight through a foot of snow to get our tree.