Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Favorite Jane Austen male lead...




I know I don't usually blog about this kind of thing, but I just thought it'd throw it out there. I love Jane Austen movies, books, etc... and since I do paper work for my dad from home, I usually turn one of these movies on and listen to it while I work. The other night I did this since Jeremy was out watching 24 at a friend's house and I chose Emma, one of my favorites. I think I can relate to Emma in some ways, not the wealthy rich girl part, but I do like her character. I also have decided that Mr. Knightly is my favorite man out of all the stories I've read so far. I am a hopeless romantic. I love that he and Emma are such good friends and they grow to love each other. I'm not into love at first sight much. He treats her so well, dances with her even though it's not his favorite thing to do, and helps her to be a better person without belittling her or doubting her abilities. What a good guy! I think I have married somebody close to Mr. Knightly as well! Maybe that's why he is my favorite!


2 comments:

Kents said...

Sounds like a certain country song I've heard.

Else said...

I love Mr. Knightly as well!! I love when he says... "Emmma" when he asked her if she wrote Harriet't answer.