Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Avoiding the Blog!

So I have been really proud of myself since I haven't written anything for a couple of days. I am playing this game and hoping that I can resist the temptation to get on the computer and see if anyone has commented on my blogs, think of what to write about next, check other peoples blogs and by the time I'm done, I've spent way too much time on the computer! I am too busy for this! I'm really not that busy, but having three little ones, trying to finish homework, have quality time with all of them, read stories, do my own projects such as fixing holes in the wall, sewing a duvet cover, doing filing for my dad, practice the piano for my calling, exercising with Jerm, takes up a lot of time! And since I read Dalin H. Oaks talk again about Good, Better Best, I want to try and fill up my time with the best! Anyway, I loved that talk and another one that touched me the other day was Joseph B. Wirthlin's talk on love. Since he gave it in conference, I couldn't wait to read it again. I was some what distracted by the tender love of Elder Nelson supporting him while he was talking, that it was hard to pay attention to what he was saying. But that was the perfect talk to show that kind of love because that is just what he was talking about! After I read it, I just felt such a deep love for my Heavenly Father and I know how he feels about me as well! Sorry if this sounds a bit cheesy, but I had to write about it.
Another cool experience I had last week was when I was practicing the piano for primary, I looked at the song, "I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ" and just had a little thought to play it through a couple of times. So I did. Later that night, I received a phone call from the 1st counselor in the primary pres. and she wanted me to play that song for Sharing time! I know it's simple, but I know that Heavenly Father knows me personally and that he is willing to show us if we listen!

No comments: