
Purple Princess fan club! (a couple of games ago)

I actually have some great actions shots, but they are hard copies! So these will have to do. This is the team warming up!
Atalie had her last soccer game today! Hooray! Parking these last three weeks has been a nightmare! Kirsten had to walk about 10 miles today! Well, maybe not 10, but she got to the field at 5 after and she had been for 25 minutes! Poor thing!
Our poor little team is on the young end of the spectrum. All the girls just barely turned 5 in July and only one girl had played before. So needless to say, we pretty much got slaughtered by every other team! Today one girl made 1 goal, then last week, I think we made three. At least they had fun, right? It's almost frustrating to watch because they would get so close to the goal, and then miss by a few feet. Or, they would just play defense and try and block the goal, but that was not to their advantage a lot. It seemed like with all the feet in the goal, that the ball would end up going in anyway! Oh well. The girls are so cute and Atalie tells me that she wants to play for at least 3 years!
That's really it for now. Jeremy is going to the temple tonight with the youth from the ward and will actually be baptizing them. That's one of his favorite jobs. His other one is being a veil worker which he gets to do once a month. I'm going to my Auntie Doris's birthday party which is a traditional Danish "smorebrod" or open faced sandwiches made up of all sorts of things from pickled herring to liverwurst. Yum! Actually, it is pretty tasty! It's just fun to dress up every once in a while and have good, free food to eat! I'll do a lot of things for a good meal!
4 comments:
Kids and sports...tis a joy. I can't wait for the boys to get a bit older to take part. Any crazy out of control parents chewing out the referees this year?
Next Saturday is our last Soccer game before we head down south...can't wait for both. Looking forward to seeing ya!
Love, Les
Yipee you have a blog!! I can't wait to see you guys in a week (holy cow that is coming fast) Sure love ya guys!
Yeah...I got to open your blog tonight and it's great! Even though I see you most every day, I love to read and see everyone's pictures and read your comments.
Love you!
Post a Comment