We must all be busy or something because I just checked like 10 blogs, and most haven't been updated since Nov! I don' feel so bad now! We finally got our Christmas decorations all up and our tree looks great. I wanted to take a picture of how "organic" our tree is since it came with a "friend". I went to help Cozette put on the star and realized there was this huge, green spider the size of a quarter right where we need to put it! So I left him there because I want to take a picture of him. I think I'll name him Ralph or something. So our tree is starless and I can't find the camera to take the picture, but what's the rush? As long as he stays on the tree, right!
I feel like I can't get enough done around here either. It's crazy. We are not that busy as a family, but just with homework, meals, exercise, trying to get our Christmas presents all taken care of, etc...I just end up pooped at night! It's nice because Jerm and I sleep better. We've been finding ourselves falling asleep on our backs and waking up on our backs.
Anyway, our family is concerned with our grandma right now. She has been in the hospital for a few days because of serious dehydration, liver problems, etc.. that she's had for years and now today she found out that all her female organs have cancer all over them. Surgery would not help and she is now too frail to undergo any chemo or radiation. We don't know how long she has or anything, but she has been in pain for months now and for some reason, the CT scan that the doctor ordered never got done. Hence the pain for months and not knowing the cause. 

I found our recently that when my Grandpa died about 5 years ago that she told him that she'd see him in 5 years. I have mixed feelings about all this and feel very insensitive and selfish at times, but I know she will be happier going on. I sure love my grandma and have so many fond memories of her. She is such a wonderful person and has been through so much.
Sorry if this blog is a bit too serious, but that is what is going on in our family's life right now! Thank goodness for the birth of our Savior and knowing that we can and will be together again!
Oh, P.S. Jerm and I went to check out some of the big waves the other day. Our friend actually went out in them at the Rincon where the tallest wave that day was recorded at 23 feet! Can you imagine that, at the Rincon? It was fun to watch and to be at the beach! Can't get enough of the ocean!
6 comments:
Hey Ditte. I am so sorry about your Grandma! That must be hard. It is so hard to let go of the ones you love very much!
I know what you mean about being so busy, yet not doing anything other then trying to live life!! That is where we are at! And I only have one in school! YIKES!!!
Sorry to hear about you Grandma...I'll pray that she won't have to suffer in pain.
P.S. I would have killed the spider! :)
Great post. Love you Ditte. I hope to post some pic's of grandma. My mind is filled with all the reasons I love her. Glad she's my grandma.
XOXO
Kirsten
Update on Grandma Beecroft is that they found no cancer in her ovaries, etc. They found cancer cells in the fluid they drew off her abdomen but do not know where they are coming from. She is relieved at least they are not in the female organs afterall.
She comes home from hospital tomorrow but we don't know how long her liver can hold out. Miracles do still happen. She told my sisters she doesn't feel it her time yet. Mental attitude can have a lot to do with how the body heals and functions. We will just keep praying and hoping for what's best for her.
Thanks for the update, mom. Sure love you!
Best wishes for your Grandmother Ditte.
Regarding your P.S. - I am envious that you live near the cost.
Post a Comment