Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Ours has been a little different this year: My great grandfather who was 96 passed away last Saturday and then on Monday, my grandma passed away. So last week, after 3 of us had the flu (Jerm still hasn't gotten it) we drove to Arizona where we spent the next four days with family. We stayed at my cousin Tiffani's house (thanks Tiff) and enjoyed being with their family as well as lots and lots of cousins. My Grandma's funeral was very nice. I am very sad that she is gone and that both my grandparents are gone, but I am so happy she gets to be with her sweetheart. That is what touched me the most about my grandparents was the pure, unselfish love that they constantly showed for one another. When my grandpa was dying, my grandma would literally pick him up to help him use the rest room. They would lay in bed together when he was so sick for hours just to be close to one another. When they lost two of their children, they drew closer together and to the Lord. I am so grateful to have been close to them and lived close to them.
Anyway, Jeremy and I enjoyed our Lassen Christmas eve except that Wyatt threw up on me. For the rest of the night, I had a very lovely aroma! Poor kid. He's had the flu since Saturday. He got it on our way back from AZ, but fortunately he did not throw up in the car!
This morning was fun, and when we woke up at 7, the neighbors were still playing their music from the night before! We even called the police at midnight, put in our ear plugs, went to bed, but it was still on this morning! People are so strange sometimes! The kids had a great Christmas. They really enjoyed getting a Dr.s kit, a musical instrument kit, books and jammies. The also get to go to Build a Bear and to see Enchanted at the El Capitan on Thursday, which I am very excited about! I hear it's a great movie.
I guess that's all for now. I'll post some pictures later. I'm just so grateful to be with my family and sweetheart! We love you all! Kirsten, we missed you guys!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! It is so hard when the kids are sick. Hopefully your new year will be celebrated with everyone healthy.

Debi Lassen said...

We loved being together! Hope the flu leaves your family soon!

Kents said...

Love you Deetz. Weird not to see you every morning at school, huh? When's this wind going to stop so we can play outside? That's why I LIVE in California, right? XOXO.